The journey to an e-commerce site for my unique jewelry continues. The saga of image preparation and detail shots are looking incredible. The dozen or so products that are loaded into the site have some descriptions. I should have known from being in the industry: the number 1 reason for project delay is content.
You don’t get to see it because its not ready yet.
You may have procrastinating people in your life. A significant other, definitely anyone with a teenager, who will wait until the 11th hour to see something to completion. Can you easily see them quoting Scarlet O’Hara “I’ll think about it tomorrow” as a regular mantra?
Here are a few things I have caught myself doing in place of the jewelry site updates. Do any of these feel familiar to you?
1. Staring out the window at the deer and turkey and squirrels (oh my!)
2. Holding a piece of paper for more than 5 minutes because the exact filing solution doesn’t exist for it yet
3. Let a 30 second interruption evolve into a 15 minute conversation about stuff in general
4. Actually deliver something for a client (technically work, but not ideal at 10 pm)
5. Let the cat sit on the computer mouse
We have such a moral sting on procrastinating I’d like to offer a slightly different spin. The next time your cat sits on your mouse consider this: will you push his butt over a couple inches to save the document, or take a few moments of purr therapy.
I’ll let you decide where that 2 minutes will be spent in your world.
Happy task avoiding for today – Heather
(Heather’s dream is to have multiple streams of income, starting with launching an e-commerce website that showcases her one-of-a-kind designer jewelry, which are crafted by her.Â Heather’s post day is Thursday and her soon to be launched jewelry site is For Your Adornment)