This is one of my original posts on 8 Women Dream … wow have I changed!
Have you ever noticed how few hours there actually are in the day? As 1 of 8 women who are kicking butt on our dreams daily, we all need support. The good news is that we have a support team built into this group.
We had our first 8 Women Dream group meeting with EVERYONE last night. Schedules are crazy and it took 2 coasts, Skype, conference calls, 2 women suffering from colds, canceled plans and a few glasses of wine, and we all got a chance to catch up with our dreams.
How do you define support? Along the way this week I have needed a lot of support. Support from friends, colleagues, a husband, three cats and my bite guard. That got me thinking of all the versions of support I rely on regularly.
Here are a few meanings of support and how they applied to me in the last few last few weeks:
- to bear or hold up; serve as a foundation = Cath and her ability to pull documentation out of who knows where
- to sustain or withstand without giving way = my husband for hanging in there through the never ending work
- to undergo or endure with patience; tolerate = my son for hanging with me in the office
- to uphold by aid = my support bra keeps me on the treadmill,
- to corroborate = the 8 women and the accountability they provide to keep this rolling
Where is your support system coming from? How often do you get to say thanks? Here’s my big thank you to the support team of 8 women.
Keep kicking butt and find support where you can,
Heather Montgomery is a fitness writer, triathlete, and blogger who is devoted to sharing what she has learned about becoming a triathlete after age 40. She uses her Metabolic Training Certification to help other women struggling to get fit in mid-life. She lives and trains in Santa Rosa, California, the new home of the Ironman triathlon. You can find her biking the Sonoma County wine trails.