Dream or nightmare? As we count down to the scariest night of the year, I will be sharing scaaaaary story of the steps we need to take on the way to success. The latest is the dreaded “making a budget“. How can you make sure yours isn’t making you one of the biggest losers?
We are all making ends meet, despite the gap in between the red and the black, so here are a few things we have looked at that gave us some breathing room recently.
- Look at your current spending: How do you know where you are going, unless you know where you are? Keep it simple – major expenses such as utilities, food, loans, annual expenses, etc. Don’t forget cash! Get to know where your money is going, and see if you can get it going where you want it to instead.
- Look at your insurance: there are so many options, variables, deductibles, limits. A good broker can run the numbers, just to see if there’s a way to save.
- Call the phone company: just call and see what they can do to reduce your bill. I cut mine in half – give it a try.
- TV; lets just say we are having a lot of fun between Netflix DVD and Watch Instantly options. They are keeping us well entertained. $15 vs $75/month.
- Check your closets: Yep, the stuff we keep can get in the way of feng shei, and also bring you a few extra bucks. Try Craigslist, eBay, or a good old fashioned garage sale.
What have you done on the road to making the most of your scary, or not so scary budget? Tell me what works for you, and more importantly what didn’t.
Find the fun in being a grown up and enjoy your week as a winner – Heather
(Heather’s dream is to have multiple streams of income, starting with launching an e-commerce website that showcases her one-of-a-kind designer jewelry, which are crafted by her.Â Heather’s post day is Thursday and her newly launched sites are couture jewelry available through For Your Adornment, andÂ Twitter background
design on Twitter And Beyond)