Why Speakers Need To Be Blog
There is a reason why I tell so many aspiring speakers that they should blog. More than one reason, actually. Here is a list.
Reasons why motivational speakers need to be blogging:
- It’s a way to get your message out to the world (for free). They can’t book you if they don’t hear your message.
- It gets you used to talking about your subject. This makes it easier when you pitch yourself, do interviews, and write speeches.
- It allows you to build a community of people who like you and your work, and who need the help you are offering.
- It gives a way for your audience to stay in touch with you and follow you and keeps you front of mind.
- You’re feeding the internet with information about your subject attached to your name. This helps you be found easier on the internet when people go looking for speakers.
- It gives you material for your book. There are tools that will allow you to export these blog posts into a document. Easy way to write a book, one bite at a time.
- It gives you a place to advertise for your products, events, and other things you have to sell.
- You can start making money on the blog when you have lots of followers.
- You get the reward of helping people and having conversations with them in the process.
When people come to me asking how to be a motivational speaker, I tell them to start doing it. Start motivating people. Start sharing your message. Don’t wait for someone to hire you, just do it. The blog is your place where you can start telling the world that you are here.
Kelly Swanson is an award-winning storyteller, motivational speaker, published author and TV personality who is passionate about helping women harness the power of their stories to connect, influence, and get the results they dream of accomplishing. Laughing the whole way, Kelly teaches women how to master the art of connection through the power of strategic storytelling. You can find her on The Fashion Hero show airing Fall of 2017 on Amazon Prime.