As a motivational keynote speaker, I know the power our thoughts have over our destinies.
Positive thinking is one of the greatest keys to reaching our dreams. So one crucial component of becoming a successful speaker, or a successful anything for that matter, is cultivating a positive internal script.
Remove those negative attitudes that are blocking your path and replace them with positive ones. Today let’s take a look at some phrases that might need to be erased from your internal script.
10 Destructive Phrases
1. I’m not smart enough. (Or: good enough, brave enough, talented enough, pretty enough…)
2. My family thinks this is stupid.
3. I just don’t have what it takes.
4. I don’t think I can afford it.
5. I just don’t have the time.
6. What if I fail?
7. I don’t have the money.
8. I don’t have the right education.
9. People keep saying that this is not realistic.
10. What if nobody wants this?
While each of these statements might be true, there’s a chance you might be using them as an excuse to keep you from going after your dream, when they are simply indicators of what you need to do next, or simply lies.
When they pop up – honor the feelings, and then move past them by either fixing the issue, or acknowledging them as an excuse you are hiding behind. And then replace them with a new statement of power.
And then KEEP GOING!
Are there other destructive phrases holding you back?
I’d love to hear them.
To your success –