NextFem Podcast Features Kelly Swanson Motivational Speaker
I had the pleasure of being interviewed on the NextFem podcast with Tara Padua. The topic was harnessing the power of story. It includes a little of the personal side to what I do and how I got here. It feels like the perfect thing to share with my dream community.
Reasons Why You Should Say Yes to Podcast a Podcast Opportunity
Some people ask me why I say yes to being interviewed on podcasts – after all, it doesn’t pay – and it requires prep work in addition to the time on the call. But I always say yes. And here is why…
- It gives me a chance to practice my talking points in a natural conversational setting. The more I practice my talking points, the better grasp I have of my content when I hit the stage.
- It allows people to get to know me off script and off stage, in a more personal way. That allows for a better connection with my audience.
- You never know who is in the audience. You never know when that podcast will land in the hands of someone who can book you.
- It teaches me to answer questions in a clear direct and concise way. Podcasts don’t allow for a lot of rambling. You have to get to the point and get there fast. That’s a good skill to take to the stage too.
- It gives me something I can share with future audiences who want to know me better. As speakers we are always looking for ways to let them take us home. Here is one more.
- It also teaches you how podcasts are done in case you ever want to start your own. You will already be comfortable with the process.