TRAVEL THE WORLD!
Last updated on [post_update]
To say I love to travel is an understatement.
Making the pages of the atlas real, firstly through my own senses and then for others through my writing and photography, is my passion.
I am so lucky to have found a life partner who also loves to travel and now our little daughter comes along for the ride as we accomplish our travel dreams.
Sure at some point she will say, “Enough, I want to stay home with my friends”, but until then she is learning to be adaptable and broad minded and filled with wonder about the world.
I’m an adventurous traveler.
To me that can mean everything from eating food you’re not familiar with to climbing a mountain in Nepal.
I was a book-reading, violin-playing, terrible-at-sport kind of girl when I was growing up but in my mid twenties, thanks to some dear friends, I discovered that I could have physical adventures in the great outdoors.
Rock climbing and then hiking and mountaineering have brought a balance to my life and enriched my travel dreams.
In my past life I qualified as a lawyer and spent six years building a career as a tax consultant with a major professional services firm. I have worked for some large international organizations and had the prospect of a high income and a secure career in front of me. But I felt stultified and unfulfilled.
In 2003 I went on a trip around the world for nine months and during that time resolved to make a career change. It took me a few more years to actually make the break but in 2007 I completed a post graduate diploma in journalism in London and forged a new career as a travel journalist and blogger.
Now I get paid to travel and write about travel. There is much to be said for stepping out and finding the joy and adventure in life.
DREAMS ACCOMPLISHED TO DATE: I left behind an established legal career as a tax consultant to carve out a career as a writer and editor in the highly competitive travel journalism industry. I launched my own travel blog World Wandering Kiwi and I have never looked back.
My dream story post day is Saturday.
I share my travel dreams and travel writing dreams. I hope to inspire people to travel, and to write, with my words, and to take photographs of your travel journeys.
Apart from travel blogging world domination, my big dream for the future is to launch my own travel e-magazine.
If you want to talk to me about travel sponsorship or content writing opportunities email me at worldwanderingkiwi(at)gmail(dot)com.
Otherwise, go see the world!
Here is a collection of some of my dream stories here on 8 Women Dream —
- Is Your Dream to Travel by Yacht like Beyonce? Have you ever dreamed of traveling by yacht or sail around a tropical island? Gone are the days where travel dreamers have to envy the likes of Beyoncė, who spends her summer on glamorous yachts in St Tropez, Ibiza and Sardinia. What seems like super expensive holidays can now be enjoyed by everyone. LastMinute.com has anchored ...
- Rescue Women Around the World with a Rescue Gift for Mother’s Day Is your dream to travel the world, but right now in your life you are not able to achieve this dream, either because you don’t have the time, the resources, or have other obligations that stand in the way? Do you long to change the life of a child, help a mother in need, or do ...
- Remembering Nepal Before the Quake When your dream of becoming a world traveler comes true and you’ve wandered the world a few times visiting amazing places you only imagined in your mind’s eye, you’ll find that you become attached to many of the people and certain special places you’ve trekked. This week, my heart goes out to Nepal, one of many ...
- 8 Ways to Find Your Dream Park During National Park Week Besides the Seven Wonders of the World and UNESCO World Heritage sites, visiting the U.S. National Parks is at the top of many travel dreamer’s bucket lists. This is especially true for women who love to be outdoors hiking, mountain climbing, fishing and rafting. To honor the National Park experience, this coming week is National ...
- Do You Have a Germany Bucket List as a Travel Dream Destination? This week, the General Assembly of the German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB) voted in favor of Hamburg, Germany as the official German nominee for the 2024 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The north German city of Hamburg prevailed over the city of Berlin and aims to present games with short distances, on the water and in ...
- 8 Women Memorials to Visit on International Women’s Day Part of my traveling dream allows me to visit many locations that honor the sacrifices of others. They are typically solemn places of reflection. In honor of International Women’s Day I am showcasing 8 memorials dedicated to women that you should add to your dream travel bucket list. In 1909, the United States observed the first ...
- Volunteer Travel Abroad as a Way to Make Your World Travel Dreams a Reality Have you thought about volunteer travel abroad as a way to make your world travel dreams come true? I have been thinking about the topic since the Ethical Tourism Conference in February, which was organised by the charity, Tourism Concern who advocates for ethical tourism throughout the world. Tourism Concern is famous for their stand on ...
- Travel Dreams for 2015 My Travel Bucket List is an ever evolving creature, something that helps inspire me to continue seeking to ‘make the pages of the atlas real’. You can read about my tips on creating your own travel dream bucket list here. But what am I dreaming about for 2015? January is a great time to take stock and ...