Last updated on January 4, 2015
My big dream is to find and reveal to women ways to live in authentic happiness.
I am in the process of publishing my memoir “Living in the Miracle Zone” that I spent the better part of 2010 writing while encouraging women to find their joy through workshops and public speaking events.
I am absolutely passionate about inspiring and empowering other women to be happy, healthy, fulfilled, and to live their dreams.
I recently completed life coach training with Martha Beck, best-selling author and producer of Oprah’s Live Your Best Life Show.
Perhaps most importantly, I am a living example of overcoming significant challenges and obstacles to live your dreams and find authentic happiness. I was a victim of sexual assault and was stalked by a man who repeatedly threatened to kill me, and as a result suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder for years, with symptoms including panic attacks, anxiety and depression.
Through my practices and commitment to health and well-being, and with the help of all of my teachers and guides, I have overcome my PTSD and found lasting inner peace and happiness.
As a result, I have dedicated my life to helping others to overcome unnecessary emotional suffering and to find joy and peace within. I currently lead workshops and retreats, coach a limited number of individual clients, and work with some strategic planning clients. I live a happy and full life, building in time for my hobbies and passions, including writing, dancing, meditation and yoga, travel, and living a healthy lifestyle.
I am also available for inspirational public speaking at colleges and for groups and organizations. I can be booked for speaking engagements by contacting me directly through this email: lisa.powell.graham(at)gmail.com
My dream story post day is Tuesday.
I am also the genie behind Miracles Unlimited, Inc., — the business of making dreams come true. You can read more about my world travels and adventures at Lisa Magic Carpet Ride or about my consulting work at Transforming Cities.
Here is a collection of some of my dream stories here on 8 Women Dream –
- Finding Happiness In A Beach Getaway April in New England might not be the time and place that one would imagine taking a “beach getaway vacation” for a long weekend. But my best friend recently move to Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and we spent this past weekend by the ocean, on a boat, and on an island. It was lovely, and a fun ...
- Finding Happiness On A Milestone Birthday So many incredible things are happening in my life right now, and I am sure this will be my best year yet! Right now, I am taking stock of all the amazing things I have been fortunate enough to do in this lifetime so far.
- Finding Happiness Through Letting Go of An Old Dream Ten years ago, I had one big dream, bigger than all the others. It is why I spent $52,000 on earning my Master of Public Administration degree at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
- 5 Steps to Reconnect with Your Dream Joy For years, I had the vague notion that I wanted to be a “Joy Teacher.” What that looked like exactly, I didn’t know, nor did I know how one could make a living this way. As someone who overcame trauma earlier in my life and who feels like a “walking miracle” to still be alive, I ...
- Finding Happiness Through Being With Your Soul Tribe This past weekend, I had the privilege and the joy of getting to spend time with my “soul tribe” – other life coaches who are looking to expand our businesses and do fun, transformational work in the world. I have followed and admired the amazing Martha Beck Certified Master Life Coach Susan Hyatt for years, and I got to ...
- Finding Happiness Through Being a Fun Fearless Female Just over five years ago, I spotted an ad on Craigslist – San Francisco for a “fun, fearless female writer” and I knew I was the woman they were looking for! I immediately applied on the spot to be a blogger for 8womendream – and the rest, as they say, is history!
- Finding Happiness Through Synchronicity and Magic Imagine: You declare out loud that you are a happy, passionate and well-traveled Goddess, and just days later a friend calls to invite you to travel to India, all expenses paid, and then to Africa to help build a school in Ghana, which is a dream come true for you. Another friend calls to invite you to ...
- Finding Happiness Through Designing My Life Many years ago, I decided that I wanted a flexible lifestyle, in which I could choose my own work hours, pick projects that excite me, and allow plenty of time for self-care, adventures and fun. I embarked on the journey of being self-employed part-time back in January 2000, and went full-time right after 9/11 back ...
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.
Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved