Last updated on January 4, 2015
My big dream is to find and reveal to women ways to live in authentic happiness.
I am in the process of publishing my memoir “Living in the Miracle Zone” that I spent the better part of 2010 writing while encouraging women to find their joy through workshops and public speaking events.
I am absolutely passionate about inspiring and empowering other women to be happy, healthy, fulfilled, and to live their dreams.
I recently completed life coach training with Martha Beck, best-selling author and producer of Oprah’s Live Your Best Life Show.
Perhaps most importantly, I am a living example of overcoming significant challenges and obstacles to live your dreams and find authentic happiness. I was a victim of sexual assault and was stalked by a man who repeatedly threatened to kill me, and as a result suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder for years, with symptoms including panic attacks, anxiety and depression.
Through my practices and commitment to health and well-being, and with the help of all of my teachers and guides, I have overcome my PTSD and found lasting inner peace and happiness.
As a result, I have dedicated my life to helping others to overcome unnecessary emotional suffering and to find joy and peace within. I currently lead workshops and retreats, coach a limited number of individual clients, and work with some strategic planning clients. I live a happy and full life, building in time for my hobbies and passions, including writing, dancing, meditation and yoga, travel, and living a healthy lifestyle.
I am also available for inspirational public speaking at colleges and for groups and organizations. I can be booked for speaking engagements by contacting me directly through this email: lisa.powell.graham(at)gmail.com
My dream story post day is Tuesday.
I am also the genie behind Miracles Unlimited, Inc., — the business of making dreams come true. You can read more about my world travels and adventures at Lisa Magic Carpet Ride or about my consulting work at Transforming Cities.
Here is a collection of some of my dream stories here on 8 Women Dream –
- Finding Happiness Through Resting and Playing Americans seem to find it heroic to constantly work, and to stoically push through being sick, and to never just stop life long enough to truly rest and play. Last week, I wrote here about finding happiness in a real summer vacation. This past week, I found happiness in genuinely resting and playing, taking time out ...
- Finding Happiness Through PRIDE In the Name of Love This past weekend, I got to march in one of the most historic and significant parades in our country’s history – the PRIDE parade in New York City that happened to fall two days after the Supreme Court decided that gay marriage is legal everywhere in the United States. The first gay pride march was held in 1970, ...
- Finding Happiness Through Being A Sexy Vegan A lot of my friends have what seems to me to be a rather unhealthy obsession with bacon. It’s hard for me to understand it, because I stopped eating meat ten years ago, and recently transitioned from being vegetarian (no meat) to vegan (essentially no meat, dairy or eggs, i.e. no animal-based products). But everybody loves ...
- Finding Happiness When A Big Dream Comes True It was the statue of a redheaded angel, with purple wings and a green gown, who made me decide to take the leap. Sometimes in life, we have leap in order to pursue a dream that is outside of our comfort zone, and that feels beyond our reach. This angel was in the window of the commercial ...
- Finding Happiness in Every Breath I am so thankful right now, feeling gratitude and finding happiness in every single breath of clean air, just a week after my family finally escaped to safety after being deeply impacted by the volcanic eruption and ash cloud from Calbuco in Chile.
- Finding Happiness In A Beach Getaway April in New England might not be the time and place that one would imagine taking a “beach getaway vacation” for a long weekend. But my best friend recently move to Cape Cod, Massachusetts, and we spent this past weekend by the ocean, on a boat, and on an island. It was lovely, and a fun ...
- Finding Happiness On A Milestone Birthday So many incredible things are happening in my life right now, and I am sure this will be my best year yet! Right now, I am taking stock of all the amazing things I have been fortunate enough to do in this lifetime so far.
- Finding Happiness Through Letting Go of An Old Dream Ten years ago, I had one big dream, bigger than all the others. It is why I spent $52,000 on earning my Master of Public Administration degree at Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government.
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.
Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved