Last updated on January 4, 2015
My big dream is to find and reveal to women ways to live in authentic happiness.
I am in the process of publishing my memoir “Living in the Miracle Zone” that I spent the better part of 2010 writing while encouraging women to find their joy through workshops and public speaking events.
I am absolutely passionate about inspiring and empowering other women to be happy, healthy, fulfilled, and to live their dreams.
I recently completed life coach training with Martha Beck, best-selling author and producer of Oprah’s Live Your Best Life Show.
Perhaps most importantly, I am a living example of overcoming significant challenges and obstacles to live your dreams and find authentic happiness. I was a victim of sexual assault and was stalked by a man who repeatedly threatened to kill me, and as a result suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder for years, with symptoms including panic attacks, anxiety and depression.
Through my practices and commitment to health and well-being, and with the help of all of my teachers and guides, I have overcome my PTSD and found lasting inner peace and happiness.
As a result, I have dedicated my life to helping others to overcome unnecessary emotional suffering and to find joy and peace within. I currently lead workshops and retreats, coach a limited number of individual clients, and work with some strategic planning clients. I live a happy and full life, building in time for my hobbies and passions, including writing, dancing, meditation and yoga, travel, and living a healthy lifestyle.
I am also available for inspirational public speaking at colleges and for groups and organizations. I can be booked for speaking engagements by contacting me directly through this email: lisa.powell.graham(at)gmail.com
My dream story post day is Tuesday.
I am also the genie behind Miracles Unlimited, Inc., — the business of making dreams come true. You can read more about my world travels and adventures at Lisa Magic Carpet Ride or about my consulting work at Transforming Cities.
Here is a collection of some of my dream stories here on 8 Women Dream —
- Finding Happiness Through PRIDE In the Name of Love BLOGGER’S NOTE: In 2016, I had to miss the NYC PRIDE parade due to being home with strep throat, although I so wanted to be there to celebrate the one-year anniversary of the Supreme Court decision to legalize gay marriage, and to also mourn the beautiful souls lost at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando two weeks ...
- Finding Happiness Through Celebrating Women Everywhere Today I am finding happiness in celebrating women everywhere, and wanted to share some stories of some of the incredible women who have crossed my path lately.
- Finding Happiness In The Argentinian Summertime I am finding happiness right now exploring Patagonia! Southern Argentina is a mountain-lover, lake and river adventure-lover’s paradise.
- Finding Happiness Through Roots and Wings I have always said that someday, after I finish my book Hot for Happiness, I will write a book about my remarkable family called Roots and Wings. This is my family’s gift: my parents metaphorically speaking gave us wings to be independent and fly, and roots, so we are all happy to return home sometimes.
- Finding Happiness Through Choosing Goals That Inspire You There are only three days left in 2015! Whether or not you achieved all that you hoped to achieve in 2015, now is the time to reset and pick goals that inspire you wildly for 2016. We honestly never really know how much time we have left on Earth, so I am a firm believer in ...
- Finding Happiness In A White Sandy Beach Christmas NOTE: I am updating this holiday-themed post from two years ago with new photos and news, while my family is busy celebrating Christmas in Florida again! Wishing everyone great blessings, abundance, love, peace and joy during the holiday season and always. Once again, my “White Christmas” this year will consist of white, sandy beaches, edged by ...
- Finding Happiness Through Embracing Our Shared Humanity I don’t know about you, but there is no one who has ever been a harsher critic of me – than me! I have always had very high standards for who I want to be and what I want to achieve in this world, and I find myself falling short sometimes of my own nearly ...
- Finding Happiness in Spreading Holiday Cheer If you want to know who I am at heart, you should know this about me: for pretty much the entire month of December, I wear a Santa hat. Whenever possible, I also slip into my Mrs. Claus little red velvet dress with the short flirty skirt. Bringing joy to the world makes me happy! I ...
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.
Latest posts by Lisa Powell, Get Happy (see all)
- Finding Happiness Through Giving Ourselves A Break - 08/23/2016