Last updated on January 4, 2015
My big dream is to find and reveal to women ways to live in authentic happiness.
I am in the process of publishing my memoir “Living in the Miracle Zone” that I spent the better part of 2010 writing while encouraging women to find their joy through workshops and public speaking events.
I am absolutely passionate about inspiring and empowering other women to be happy, healthy, fulfilled, and to live their dreams.
I recently completed life coach training with Martha Beck, best-selling author and producer of Oprah’s Live Your Best Life Show.
Perhaps most importantly, I am a living example of overcoming significant challenges and obstacles to live your dreams and find authentic happiness. I was a victim of sexual assault and was stalked by a man who repeatedly threatened to kill me, and as a result suffered from post-traumatic stress disorder for years, with symptoms including panic attacks, anxiety and depression.
Through my practices and commitment to health and well-being, and with the help of all of my teachers and guides, I have overcome my PTSD and found lasting inner peace and happiness.
As a result, I have dedicated my life to helping others to overcome unnecessary emotional suffering and to find joy and peace within. I currently lead workshops and retreats, coach a limited number of individual clients, and work with some strategic planning clients. I live a happy and full life, building in time for my hobbies and passions, including writing, dancing, meditation and yoga, travel, and living a healthy lifestyle.
I am also available for inspirational public speaking at colleges and for groups and organizations. I can be booked for speaking engagements by contacting me directly through this email: lisa.powell.graham(at)gmail.com
My dream story post day is Tuesday.
I am also the genie behind Miracles Unlimited, Inc., — the business of making dreams come true. You can read more about my world travels and adventures at Lisa Magic Carpet Ride or about my consulting work at Transforming Cities.
Here is a collection of some of my dream stories here on 8 Women Dream –
- Finding Happiness Through Being With Your Soul Tribe This past weekend, I had the privilege and the joy of getting to spend time with my “soul tribe” – other life coaches who are looking to expand our businesses and do fun, transformational work in the world. I have followed and admired the amazing Martha Beck Certified Master Life Coach Susan Hyatt for years, and I got to ...
- Finding Happiness Through Being a Fun Fearless Female Just over five years ago, I spotted an ad on Craigslist – San Francisco for a “fun, fearless female writer” and I knew I was the woman they were looking for! I immediately applied on the spot to be a blogger for 8womendream – and the rest, as they say, is history!
- Finding Happiness Through Synchronicity and Magic Imagine: You declare out loud that you are a happy, passionate and well-traveled Goddess, and just days later a friend calls to invite you to travel to India, all expenses paid, and then to Africa to help build a school in Ghana, which is a dream come true for you. Another friend calls to invite you to ...
- Finding Happiness Through Designing My Life Many years ago, I decided that I wanted a flexible lifestyle, in which I could choose my own work hours, pick projects that excite me, and allow plenty of time for self-care, adventures and fun. I embarked on the journey of being self-employed part-time back in January 2000, and went full-time right after 9/11 back ...
- Finding Happiness Through New Positive Habits For Lent this year, I have launched Project Happy FACE, which refers to four things I am giving up (FACE): Fish, Alcohol, Cheese and Eggs. Essentially, I’m not eating anything with a face, or anything that comes from anything with a face (i.e. cheese or eggs). I have always found happiness through creating new challenges ...
- Finding Happiness In New York Fashion Week This week, I am in New York City to assist at a fashion show, helping the models get ready for the catwalk. I love fashion and this is a fun and glamorous opportunity! Even more importantly, the fashion show will support my favorite charity, OneMama.org, which is based in Uganda. One of the ways I find ...
- Finding Happiness in the Gift of Self-Love It is almost Valentine’s Day, and most people think of this as the traditional Hallmark holiday for lovers, all about romance and chocolate and teddy bears. I prefer to think of it as a holiday for universal love, which includes self-love. One of the ways I find happiness is practicing self-love daily, which means setting aside ...
- Finding Happiness in Moving Beyond Limits As we move into the second month of 2015, I’ve been revisiting my goals for the year, and setting some now ones. I want 2015 to be a year of growth, expansion, adventures and fun, and I want to challenge myself. Often I have found the most satisfaction in my life in moving past my perceived ...
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.
Latest posts by Lisa Powell, Get Happy (see all)
- Finding Happiness Through Being With Your Soul Tribe - 03/24/2015
Copyright © 2011 - All Rights Reserved