Be a success by sharing your dream and talents online!
Last updated on [post_update]
I was raised with the belief that “the good life” was all about finding a secure job, the right house, the perfect man, then life would be great.
The universe had other plans.
Every “secure” company that I worked for completely vanished in the first few years.
I swear it wasn’t me.
The right house disappeared after the divorce from the not-so-perfect man (he was human) and life as a single mom wasn’t so great, especially when each company you found closed within 2 years.
Frustrated, I decided to go back to the beginning. I began to explore all the activities I loved as a kid through age 30.
One day I remembered how much I loved managing my high school newspaper and directing dance recitals in my living room from the age of 3. I pondered if there was a way that I could combine my love of performing and my love of publishing into a paying career.
We’ve all heard the saying, “Do what you love and the money will follow,” but how many of us really believe it when we hear it? I decided to test this theory by bringing more “play” into my life to experiment with creating adult versions of what I loved doing as a child.
I found out that I love riding a three-speed retro bike without a bike helmet and hopscotch can be fun if you play for real jewelry.
Gardening feeds my soul and laughter is my best medicine. Dancing calms my spirit, reading makes me think and Toastmasters cures my need to perform in front of people.
But the most important aspect was that I fell in love with running an online publication (called “A Week In The Life of a Redhead) – just like I once loved assembling the high school newspaper.
And I took that newspaper from running in the red to running in the black with advertising sales and I began to wonder if I could make money blogging. I have left the corporate world and I now live the life of an entrepreneur and freelancer.
I love it.
I started the 8 Women Dream blog to teach what I have discovered about doing what makes you happy and making money online. I encourage you to take a chance on yourself and play at what you love. In Sept. 2008 I formed this group online.
I have a belief that if we help other people acquire their fondest dreams, then our own dreams come true in the process.
If you don’t believe that play is an important part of the dream process, then I invite you to watch this TED video –
But I’ve been known to fill in when a dreamer needs some time off from writing. I’m a workaholic, so I’m always looking for a reason to write a story and post it on 8 Women Dream.
I am open to your feedback about how we can improve the site and your experiences on 8 Women Dream. Here at 8 Women Dream, we don’t strive to be perfect. We strive for happiness. But if you find a typo, we’d love for you to tell us. We can all use more help with our dreams.
You can email me at catherine(at)8womendream(dot)com with your thoughts.
Here is a collection of some of my dream stories here on 8 Women Dream —
- Motivation For The Entrepreneur My Business Is Great But My Life Is A Mess My Uncle Peter was an extremely successful business man who never talked about business at home, and never talked about his family at work. He prided himself on life balance. Until he had a heart attack. Turns out stress was more powerful than his life plan. ...
- Finding Happiness Through Giving Ourselves A Break Happiness alights upon us when we stop chasing it – isn’t that what people say about joy, and butterflies? I left the pursuit of goals behind for a few days, and instead just indulged in activities that light me up. Singing, dancing, yoga, meditation, and communities of like-minded people: It was a weekend full of all ...
- Finding Happiness with Martha Beck and My Soul Tribe Five years ago this month, I enrolled in a training that would change my life forever. It was the beginning of an eight-month journey to become a Martha Beck Certified Life Coach, and it would introduce me to a “soul tribe” of like-minded spirits who are still lifting me up today. I recently had the chance to ...
- Finding Happiness Because You Are A Walking Miracle Lately, I am finding happiness again in reminding people what a miracle this life is, what a miracle they are, and what dazzlingly miraculous and joyful journeys our lives can truly be when we believe in ourselves and believe that anything is possible.
- Finding Happiness Through Sharing Healthy Living Tips Right now I am finding happiness both through my vegan lifestyle, and through the joy of sharing it with others through a new venture I am launching: the 21-Day GO VEGGIE! Challenge.
- Finding Happiness in Being Thankful No matter what is happening in our lives right now, as we approach the Thanksgiving holiday, there is always something for which we can be thankful. This is a great time of year to focus actively on the practice of gratitude. Research has demonstrated that people who practice gratitude regularly have a host of benefits. Physical benefits include: ...
- Finding Happiness When A Dream is Delayed I have been an overachiever for as long as I can remember (since birth, I think!). So when a dream takes longer to manifest than what I’ve hoped or anticipated, it can be challenging. I’m used to setting goals and making things happen! And my favorite speed is the speed of light. I like to manifest things ...
- Finding Happiness Through Time With Family Last week, I got to spend time with my extended family during a couple of special occasions. I am so blessed to have a big, wonderful, crazy and fun Irish family.