Today I just want to share with you some simple words of encouragement.
The business of stepping out onto that platform can be scary and lonely, filled with anxiety and questions about our value and worth.
For even the bravest of women are scared to death. So in the spirit of those lonely moments when fear comes knocking, when you question your worth, when you look around and find yourself falling short…may these words bring you hope and encouragement and a new breath.
13 Pieces of Encouragement:
1. You are not alone. What you are feeling. We feel it too. Find comfort that your burdens are shared.
2. All that you have been through, is what has brought you where you are today. Stand strong knowing that you have survived. The person you are is because of all of that. It’s not the pretty that makes us women of strength – it’s the scars.
3. It’s not about being the prettiest. Or the skinniest. Or the one with the cutest shoes. (But cute shoes never hurt).
4. Sometimes the biggest change happens in the smallest audience. Trust that you are making just as much of a difference as the woman in the bright lights.
5. Your worth is not measured in dollars. Or how many people know who you are. So please stop defining yourself in that way. I promise that every woman you have ever loved and admired earned it in ways far more lasting than appearance, achievements, or clean floors.
6. This isn’t a race. There is no winner and no loser. We are women sharing a journey together, in different places, intersecting each other in divine moments like strings of a web. So when our lines intersect, let us cheer each other on instead of looking to see who is ahead. There is no ahead.
7. Dreams don’t die. They just take a different shape.
8. Scarlett was right when she said that tomorrow is another day. It’s never over until it’s over.
9. From here the path looks confusing and dark. When we look back, we see that everything happened in its time, in its place, and for a reason. The path to success is rarely the one we planned.
10. Sometimes we don’t get what we ask for. We get something even better. Don’t miss the something better because you’re too focused on what you asked for.
11. This is it. Our life. The only one we get. Each moment measured and each moment fleeting. Don’t skip over the moment. Find the beauty in it. You deserve to live each moment in wonder and peace. Choose it, before it’s gone.
12. At the end of the day, it’s not about the victory, but who you got to share it with. Cherish the ones who line your path. They are your greatest blessings.
13. Don’t get freaked out because this list doesn’t have a nice even number or a number that makes sense. Life doesn’t always make sense. Let go of thinking it should.
You. Your story. Make an Impact!
Give us your thoughts!
Latest posts by Kelly Swanson, Do Public Speaking (see all)
- One Easy Way To Get More Professional Speaking Gigs - 09/23/2016