Have you ever woke up in the morning and known you wanted to take over the world? At least your little corner of it. My plans this week were highjacked, but the detour got me thinking. What do I do to keep this plan in place? And then this popped in my head:
Pinky: “Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?”
The Brain: “The same thing we do every night, Pinky–try to take over the world!”
My process continues to entrepreneur-ville with these 8 ideas. Can you relate?
1. Get out of your head. Yes, you have a great idea. Take an action, even a small one, like writing it down.
2. Keep the positive thoughts in front. Yeah, the economy, blah, blah, blah. You have an idea, a dream and you are the only one who can keep that idea alive. Plus, the greatest riches in the world have been made during the worst economic times.
3. Get the knowledge you need. Find it, purchase it, study it. Its out there and easier to find than you can imagine. It will take time and some energy. Unfortunately they have yet to invent the direct-to-brain data feed.
4. Answer this question “what do you do?” in a succinct 3-4 sentence description that is simple, and easy to understand. This will be your “elevator pitch” and can be used in lots of situations.
5. Find others doing what you want to do. Have you ever asked someone what it’s like to do their job? People like to talk, so get the details about why and what they do. You can learn a lot.
6. Get a supportive group. We’ve got 8 Women Dream right here as a support system, and you may have a group of mentors, colleagues, and friends that can support you. Keep them in the loop and make sure they keep you on track.
7. Be OK with competition. The hardest concept for a new idea or new business is that competition is good. Networking with like minded people can build your business. We all have a niche.
8. Give yourself the time. Yes, we can conquer the world, but who has the time? Cut back on your connected-ness – news feeds, email alerts, unplanned phone calls. Schedule times for tasks that you can control and watch your available time expand.
Here’s to your next plan – Heather
(Heather’s dream is to have multiple streams of income, starting with launching an e-commerce website that showcases her one-of-a-kind designer jewelry, which are crafted by her.Â Heather’s post day is Thursday and her newly launched sites are couture jewelry available through For Your Adornment, andÂ Twitter backgroud design on Twitter And Beyond)
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.