It’s now ten days and counting until I hop in a plane and fly to California for the Enlightened Bestsellers Mastermind weekend, which is a dream come true for me… I know that this would likely not be happening without all the love, support, and encouragement of the 8 Women Dream team and readers, and this week I am giving thanks for you!
None of Us Makes a Dream Come True Without A Team
Sometimes when we’re working hard towards realizing a dream vision, it can feel as if we’re all alone, especially if it’s in the creative fields (as a writer, dancer, painter, even as a solo entrepreneur!). There’s no one there to tell us how it should be done. There’s no one there to give us a deadline. It’s all up to us!
Of course, the reality is that no one ever achieves a dream in isolation.
Writers who want to get their books out there into the world need agents, editors, and publishing houses. In this era of self-publishing of course, one could argue that none of the above are necessary anyone, and they’d be right. But a writer still needs readers!
Painters who want their work circulating need to find galleries to display the work, or people to buy the art. Businesses need customers!
It’s pretty obvious, but easy to forget sometimes, when we feel overwhelmed by the steps it takes to live our particular dream, or when it feels like no one cares, or like we’ll never get the work “out there” in the world…
I know that, speaking for myself at least, this dreamer has definitely had those moments!
Those Who Help Us Through!
Of course, none of us live our dreams without those in our lives who encourage us, support us, and make sure that we have the time and space we need to pursue our passions. This may be family members, spouses, friends, colleagues, coaches, children, neighbors, mentors… Those who believe in us.
I am unbelievably fortunate to have amazing friends and family, close to home and around the world, who have believed in me and cheered me on as I forge the path of living my dreams. I know for a fact that I would not be whom I am, or be able to do the things I do, with the support and love of so many who care about me, so many teachers and mentors, so many friends who lent me a shoulder to cry on when needed.
Then there are the inspirations, heros and mentors who we haven’t actually met but who spark our passions, or help reignite our light when it goes out temporarily. For me, these are spiritual teachers and writers like Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer and Marianne Williamson, as well as the four stars I’ll be spending time with during the Enlightened Bestsellers Mastermind weekend.
There are my lifetime heroes and inspirations, like Martin Luther King, Jr., Albert Einstein, JFK, Nelson Mandela, Gandhi. There are role models like my amazing parents, who have always encouraged me to follow my heart and who are there to support me every step of the way. I am blessed beyond belief!
The Power of the Dream Team!
I also am so incredibly thankful for my fellow dreamers here at 8womendream, and for all the readers who are walking the path with us every step of the way as we live our dreams.
Sjnce joining 8womendream (which was a dream come true in and of itself!) I have, among living other day-to-day dreams:
- Written a 476-page book manuscript (I’ve since cut that in half!)
- Become a Martha Beck Certified Life Coach
- Launched my coaching business
- Lived my dream of teaching workshops and retreats and leading inspiration tele-classes for women
- Traveled to India to teach spiritual workshops with my spiritual teacher, Nithya Shanti
- Gone skydiving! (checked that off my bucket list!)
- Been accepted to the Enlightened Bestsellers Mastermind program which is designed to help me get my book out there into the world, and to catapult my public speaking career to the next level
- Learned how to surf! (another bucket list item!)
- Gone parasailing (ditto!)
- Hiked the Na Pali Coast cliffside trail in Kauai
- Celebrated Spain winning the World Cup in San Sebastian, Spain
- Gratitude for our blessings (this is the easy one!)
- Gratitude for our challenges
- Gratitude for what is yet to come – giving thanks for dreams coming true in advance!
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.
Latest posts by Lisa Powell (see all)
- Finding Happiness Through Giving Ourselves A Break - 08/23/2016