The right quote can succinctly reveal a tender observation about a point that the public speaker wants to covey and connect with the audience in their speech.
In honor of the Olympics and my dream of being an international public speaker, I researched the 8 best quotes a motivational public speaker could use from great Olympians.
Here are my 8 inspirational quotes from great Olympians who dreamed big –
1. “Falling in life is inevitable—staying down is optional.”
By U.S. Kayak Olympian, Carrie Johnson who also suffers from Crohn’s disease.
2. “Follow your heart.”
By Dorothy Hamill, U.S. figure skating Olympian.
3. “If you’re not having fun, then what the hell are you doing?”
By Allison Jones, six-time U.S. Paralympian.
4. “Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons in life.”
By Kristi Yamaguchi, U.S. figure skating Olympian.
6. “When anyone tells me I can’t do anything, I’m just not listening any more.”
By Florence Griffith Joyner (Flo Jo), U.S. track and field Olympian.
7. “Nobody needs to prove to anybody what they’re worthy of, just the person that they look at in the mirror. That’s the only person you need to answer to. “
By Picabo Street, U.S. alpine skiing Olympian.
8. “I just felt like I can try to do something special.”
By Chad Le Clos, South African swimming Olympian.
Quotes in speeches are generally used to enhance a point and connect the speaker with the audience. A great quote can set the stage for a great speech, or even end the speech on a high note, compressing your point, and further sharing your wisdom and experiences with the audience.
As we continue enjoying the Olympics this week, we can look forward to the comments from these great athletes about going after their big dreams.
And when you’ve achieved your dream greatness in life, what will you have to say about the experience? Will we be quoting you?
Just pursue it -
With a special shout out and congratulations to Chad Le Clos for bringing home the gold!
Latest posts by Sue Faith Levy, Empowering Young Women Around the World (Posts)
- Let Grief Be Your Calling to Become More Grateful - 12/05/2013
- 8 Ways to be Thankful on Such a Thankful Thursday - 11/28/2013
- Thankful Thursday: Remember to be Thankful for you - 11/14/2013
- Thankful Thursday: Embrace your Fears - 11/07/2013
- Thankful Thursday: Be Thankful for Pain While Living Your Dreams - 10/31/2013
8 Inspirational Quotes by Olympians by The 8 Women Dream Project, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.