As part of my dream for multiple streams of income I completed an explosion of work on my e-commerce jewelry site this past week. 10 items were added – I would love say they are “new” but when you’ve had the finished pieces waiting around to be shown to the world – it’s hard to give them that “new” title. I even managed to tweet about it!
There ‘s lots to do. Duh. What makes us use this excuse day after day and year after year? How do we make a change? Here’s how I managed to get motivated this past week, even while living in the midst of my fractured focus.
- Start another 2 online ventures (more streams of income) as offshoots of my business – offering free and custom twitter backgrounds and WordPress themes. I apparently have no need to sleep anymore.
- Look at my jewelry stock list and get overwhelmed at how many products I haven’t added.
- Set up domains and hosting for the new ventures.
- Bury my jewelry stock list under 2 new books that I have to read RIGHT NOW.
- Hit a brick wall on a promotion plan for 1 of the new ventures and table an idea.
- Move my laptop so I can use it on the couch – not a productive move.
- Spill a drink on the coffee table that makes me clean up and UN-bury my jewelry stock list.
- Close my laptop and pick up a pad of paper so I can write descriptions for the jewelry.
- Get about 20 descriptions written – some more witty than others
- Upload 6 products only to find my browser has one too many open admin pages and the products haven’t been adding
- Finish uploading 10 whole products
So how did this whole run-around get me motivated? Have you ever noticed that the more you put something off the bigger the task grows in your head? Honestly, filling that first page of descriptions out kicked me into high gear and the rest flowed.
Next on my list for this site is the promotion side, and there are many adventures to look forward too. Most of them revolve around my taking my own damn advice.
Please peruse the sparklies and if you are already a twitter-er, I would love a follow. You’ll get a follow right back!
Have a sparkly day – Heather
(Heather’s dream is to have multiple streams of income, starting with launching an e-commerce website that showcases her one-of-a-kind designer jewelry, which are crafted by her.Â Heather’s post day is Thursday and her newly launched couture jewelry site is For Your Adornment)
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.