My dream brain seemed to be getting the best of me this week. Just as I’d drift off to sleep a voice softly whispered …
Hey. Dream progress on your top blog idea is stalling.
And why aren’t you done with this dream yet?
Second-guessing yourself is part of the dream process. Just because I understand this, doesn’t make the thoughts any easier to solve.
Sometimes you just want a break for, or from, your dream. Immediately your brain will step right on in and offer up excuses for you to let go
But instead of letting go, you should…
- Try something completely new.
- Go to the library.
- Pack a different lunch.
- Drive a different route to work.
- Get your day ready the night before.
- Buy new perfume.
- Buy and read a book you would never normally read.
- Take a long drive and get lost.
- Wear a new hat.
- Drink tea.
- Try a food from the store you have never tried before.
- Listen to different music.
- Dance in your kitchen.
- Take out the under-wire in all your bras.
- Go on a pleasurable bike ride.
- Pick flowers.
- Get your nails dirty.
- See the amazing stuff that is happening in your life.
These are always ways in which you can re-think your life and your dream.
Making your dreams come true is a lot of work. A lot. Did I say a lot? A lot.
And sometimes I just need to look at my dream differently …
- I have 7 fabulous writers writing with me. I do mean fabulous.
- I’m writing. In fact, I am writing all the time. Didn’t I wish for this? Didn’t Toxic Mom Adviser/Dreamer Rayne tell me to write everyday? Why yes she did Catherine-the-doubter and it has greatly improved your writing, hasn’t it? Isn’t that what you dreamed of too?
- I am living my dream.
So what’s the problem Catherine, besides the fact that you are an aging redhead?
The real problem here is that I want more.
I want more for me and more for all who write with me here because we deserve it. I want this dream to expand.
I thought I had dreamed big enough, but as it turns out, I can dream bigger. This is the sneaky, intoxicating part of dreaming when you stick with it: You want bigger.
A bigger dream — for me, a bigger blog.
And instead of enjoying this phase of my dream, I am fussing over the blog, worrying about what will make this website better.
I want more because these 7 women dreamers fearlessly show up and expose their souls so that you can peak at what dreaming is like and maybe put your toe in the bath we are taking. They also write so that my dream will come true.Â Why would I want a rest from that?
Blogging once a week about your dream isn’t easy. I dare you to try it. Trust me, if you did, you’d see just how great these dream women are.
And they do this while working, raising husbands (and kids) or even working their way through college.
I get what my problem is this week: I am living too much in my make-believe dream future instead of seeing the good that is here right now. I help these 7 amazing women visually place their word-art here in the form of a dream story and I should be thrilled about that every single day.
Their stories take my breath away. I can tell when they are living their dream, down about their dream, avoiding their dream, and running away from their dream. They are the most fascinating stories I’ve ever watched.
I need to recognize the good that is happening right here every single day.
Eventually the world will see the work that we do too.
The second-guessing will have its reward.
And I will probably wish to be back here.
So I’m going to go bra-less tomorrow. Shake things up a little bit.
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.
Copyright © 2012 - All Rights Reserved