When it comes to being a great blog, there are many factors to consider –
- Does the blog look professional?
- Does the blogger use spacing that makes the posts easy to read?
- Is the content interesting?
- Does the blogger have a “voice” and isn’t afraid to go against the norm?
- Does the blogger link out to other websites and blogs?
- Is the blog fascinating, interesting, hard to forget?
- Is the blogger is currently blogging?
- Does the blogger strive to be more, do more?
When the public discusses the Oscar-nominated movies, many are more upset by what films are left off the list over who is nominated. Art can be subjective, just like blogging and going after your dreams. People may not agree with what you are doing, but you have to live by your own terms and do what your heart calls you to do.
We have a variety of dreamers on 8 Women Dream for this reason. There are many paths in a dreamer’s life and no one person can tell another what path they should be on. These top blogs (and their bloggers) represent all the different ways dreamers live their dreams.
And the Oscar goes to …
1. Best Animated Film Blog: Cartoon Brew www.cartoonbrew.com
Cartoon Brew is the weblog of animation historian Jerry Beck and Amid Amidi, broadly covering animation news, opinion and artistry.
2. Best Animated Short Film Blog:Â Media freaks www.blog.media-freaks.com
Mediafreaks is an authority in the 3D animation field. The Mediafreaks Blog aims to share the latest advancements in the animation industry and useful information that would enhance the awareness of using 3D animation to grow their business.
3. Best Art Directed Blog: What I Made www.whatimade.com
A quirky arts and crafts blog containing an eclectic mix of illustration , decor, gadgets and tutorials all created by Scott Bedford.
4. Best Photography Blog: Stuck in Customs www.stuckincustoms.com
Trey Ratcliff’s blog of unique photography for unique people, featuring HDR photography, a hdr tutorial and all other kinds of fun and beautiful travel photography.
5. Best Costume Design: People of Walmart www.peopleofwalmart.com
Brothers Andrew and Adam Kipple, and their friend Luke Wherry’s People of of Walmart is a comedy blog that features user-submitted photos of overweight, poorly dressed, or awkward looking people shopping at Wal-Mart.
6. Best Blog Director: Arianna Huffington www.huffingtonpost.com
7. Best Documentary Feature Blog: Post Secret www.postsecret.com
PostSecret was created by Frank Warren and is an ongoing community mail art project, where people mail their secrets anonymously on a homemade postcard to be featured on the blog.
8. Best Documentary Short Blog: Bureaucracy for Breakfast www.bureaucracyforbreakfast.tumblr.com
A blog about the continuing saga of blogger Dina Gachman’s plight with unemployment.
9. Best Blog Editing: CopyBlogger www.copyblogger.com
The Brian Clark blog about WordPress software, tips, and training for content marketers, copywriters, and bloggers providing online marketing strategies and solutions that work.
10. Best Foreign Language Blog: Fluent in 3 Months www.fluentin3months.com
The unconventional language learning/hacking tips blog from Benny the Irish polyglot; travelling the world to learn new languages to fluency.
11. Best Live Action Short Film Blog: Funny or Die www.funnyordie.com
The Funny or Die is a comedy video blog founded by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay’s production company, Gary Sanchez Productions with original and user-generated content.
12. Best Makeup Blog: London Makeup Girl www.londonmakeupgirl.com
London Make up Girl is a thirty-something professional working in London who is passionately interested in all things cosmetic and beauty-related.
13. Best Original Score Blog: Zelda Reorchistrated www.zreomusic.com
Zelda Reorchestrated is committed to lush symphonic performances of the greatest songs from The Legend of Zeldaâ„¢ as they would have sounded with the warm halls and intimate expression of a live philharmonic.
14. Best Original Song Blog: Spinner www.spinner.com
Property of AOL Music and considered the ultimate music blog for free MP3s, free CD listening, and discovering new artists.
15. Best Sound Editing: Azimuth Audio www.azimuthaudio.ca
Azimuth Audio is the blog of Timothy Muirhead, an experienced sound editor located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
16. Best Sound Mixing Blog: Created Digital Music www.createdigitalmusic.com
Create Digital Music is the blog committed to the creation, management, and support of high quality music of all levels and genres worldwide.
17. Best Visual Effects Blog: Clouds 365 Project: www.clouds365.com
Blogging photographic experiment by blogger and photographer Kelly DeLay, shooting clouds everyday.
18. Best Adapted Screenplay Blog: Letters of Note www.lettersofnote.com
Letters of Note is a blog attempt by Shawn usher to gather and sort fascinating letters, postcards, telegrams, faxes, and memos.
19. Best Original Screenplay Blog: POV Blog www.pbs.org/pov/blog
POV’s Documentary Blog is all about documentaries: how they’re made, what they’re about, why we love them.
20. Best Male Blogger in a Leading Role: ProBlogger www.problogger.net
The blog of full-time Blogger DarrenÂ Rowse who makes a living from bloggging and teaches bloggers how to blog successfully.
21. Best Male Blogger in a Supporting Role: Guy Kawasaki www.blog.guykawasaki.com
Guy Kawasaki’s blog on entrepreneurship, marketing, venture capital, and evangelism on the Internet.
22. Best Female Blogger in a Leading Role: The Pioneer Woman www.thepioneerwoman.com
The blog of top blogger Ree Drummond who is a city girl turned rancher’s wife turned food blogger on her family’s Oklahoma ranch.
23. Best Female Bloggers in a Supporting Role: 8 Women Dream www.8womendream.com
Top blogger Catherine Hughes’ blog where she invites 7 other women dreamers to share their practical big dream advice and be an inspiration for women around the world (Oh come on! I had to!).
24. Best Picture Blog (best blog): Life Hacker www.lifehacker.com
The Lifehacker blog curates tips, tricks, and technology for living better in the digital age. Besides, the blog is just damn cool.
An Oscar, or an “Academy Award” is an award bestowed by the American Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences to recognize excellence of those in the film by their peers. On such a night as tonight I felt that 8 Women Dream should honor those bloggers who consistently strive for excellence.
I think that people don’t realize just how much work goes into being a top blogger. Like any art, it is definitely a labor of love and deserves recognition to those who labor long into the wee hours of the morning to change readers perspectives with art in the form of a blog.
Congratulations to all who seek to make this world a more magical place.Â Keep on dreaming.
If you aren't sure how to comment on this story, click here.