The lovely holiday of Valentine’s Day is around the corner, and we at 8 Women Dream wanted to offer you an opportunity to give some love to your dream.
Watching the calendar turn over to February lit the fire under my butt. My product launch dreams are well under way, but where did January go?
Valentines Day… already?
I’ve been checking so many things off my to-do list, getting all my blogs organized, applying en masse to jobs, and deep cleaning my house to the point my family is questioning my sanity. I thought I’d accomplished a lot. But the new month, and my husbands droll observation that “there are only 11 months left” in 2012, made the time feel like it flew by.
One of the projects Cath and I have been discussing for over 2 years is offering a line of dream products. We’ve brain stormed about the style and wording of the design, what to sell, and how to sell it.
You, our dear readers, have been a huge part of making this happen. You remember those surveys that popped up occasionally? Your answers helped us figure out what ideas you have about dreaming, what reminders you would like to keep you working on your dream, and how those reminders could be involved in your daily life.
Dream a little dream
You have been here to watch many of us 8 Women Dreamers flounder along the way and get back on our dream paths. Sometimes they aren’t even the same paths we started out on. Welcome to the reality of achieving your dreams.
The dream of this blog as “8 Women Dream” was just an idea bouncing around Catherine’s head for years until she was lovingly badgered by one of the first group of dreamers to put it together. We have ALL come a long way in three plus years.
We went down several roads in deciding the best way to present and offer products to our readers. You may remember some of my recent posts spoke of “How to choose your shopping cart” and making eCommerce decisions, dream imagery surveys and product ideas.
There was a little method to our madness, and you helped us get here. So with a drumroll please…
8 Women Dream is thrilled to finally announce the officially opening of our 8 Women Dream Shop.
Having worked with over a dozen eCommerce platforms over the past 15+ years, from eBay to custom programmed solutions, CafePress did make it easy. Setting up the shop itself took a whopping 15 minutes.
It was getting the artwork and products set up that took a little investment in time and energy.
Here are few things that threw me while setting up the shop that I figured out along the way:
- When you first select products, you can chose how many are in your shop. I didn’t grasp why you would want more than one of any product until I realized I wanted to add different artwork options for the same product. Now I know that if I want the same t-shirt to have 3 different logos, add 3 t-shirts to begin with to save time.
- Sections are something I will have to play with a bit more. Not diving into it now but will share when I do have suggestions on how best to decide what sections your shop should have.
- Artwork sizing on a product. Their interface is pretty good at choosing an initial size for placement on the products. They do know what will work best. The dynamic image preview didn’t always refresh for me, but looking at the larger image gave me a detailed look at the product to make final artwork decisions.
Limited editions… get them before February 29th!
We have several products available from iPhone covers to journals, and just a few with our limited edition artwork. This styling has a little attitude, so if that’s what you need to keep your dream moving forward, grab one today!
LIMITED EDITION – I’m A Dreamer Women’s T-Shirt – available in light blue, yellow and light pink
For those big dreams
Dream Big and Carry On Journal – Do you need to keep track of all your dream ideas in one place? Use our Dream Big and Carry On journal to jot notes, strategies, or sketches for your next big dream.
Thank you. Big time.
We want to send a BIG thank you to you, our readers and supporters. This 8 Women Dream Shop has been an idea for a very long time and your support and interest has kept us all going.
Happy dream shopping ~ Heather
Latest posts by Heather Montgomery, Healthy Living Product Launch Dreams (Posts)
- Top 10 Reasons To Strength Train - 06/17/2013
- Fitness Blogger Product: Samsung Galaxy Camera Review - 06/10/2013
- Fitness Dream: Bay to Breakers Run - 06/03/2013
- Fitness Challenge: Color Your Fitness With A 5K Fun Run - 05/27/2013
- Dreaming of Surviving the Zombie Apocalypse - 05/20/2013
The Announcing The 8 Women Dream Shop: Get Some Valentine Love For Your Dream by 8 Women Dream, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.