It’s vital that we remain in the moment we are in and soak up each and every dream opportunity.
Rather than look back on the past wishing you could be there again or wishing you could have changed something, be content where you are at.
The above image really hit home for me – today WE can make the conscious choice to move forward.
We can channel our energy to focus on all we can do and will do in life. One of my absolute favorite quotes is this:
If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
To move forward, peace is vital.
I thought I knew what peace entailed, but reading and studying the actual definition puts the meaning into perspective.
Check it out:
1. The absence of war or other hostilities
2. In a state of tranquility
3. Inner contentment; serenity:
Obviously, world peace is something everyone has heard of and most people hope for with our country. But being at peace as an individual is a bit different.
Peace is a state of being. Peace means we are still, calm and simply OKAY. Rather than be ruled by feelings of nervousness, excitement, depression, anxiety (whatever), be ruled by peace.
Being at peace is a choice, and a lifestyle.
Peace means despite the ups and downs, the scary transitions, the new chapters in life, you are stable and okay as an individual.
While seeking peace, sometimes it’s necessary to detach ourselves from the situations and the people we are surrounded with.
Stepping outside of the given moment allows us to gain some perspective and not be swayed by feelings or emotions.
I’ve learned that I need to take myself out of situations I’m in and not base my mood around what other people think about me or say to me.
Being at peace means being okay with who you are, where you are at, and what it is you are doing.
Here are 8 ways to find peace of mind:
- Take a walk and spend some time alone.
- Read inspiring quotes every day.
- Be more forgiving, and don’t harbor grudges or resentments.
- Don’t blame or criticize other people.
- Don’t postpone doing things that you have to, and which don’t like doing. Do them, and take them out of your mind.
- Be aware of your thoughts and refuse dwelling on negative thoughts or worries. Don’t fight them, but just try to express lack of interest in them.
- When feeling worried or tense, take a few deep breaths.
- Seek the company of peaceful people.
The same article explained (about peace):
In this state there is calmness and happiness, better concentration, inner strength, and a heightened state of awareness. Your external life might not necessarily change, but your inner life, your mind, and your attitude would change
Peace is a journey.
And a very worthwhile one to embark on.
Do you have special ways that you find peace in life?